Conference Room Planning
The Greek philosopher Plato once said:
The beginning is the most important part of the work.
Benjamin Franklin later wrote:
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
Although these famous quotes apply to many things, they are no less important in the proper planning of your conference room. Investing a small amount of time planning your conference room furniture needs will save countless frustrating hours trying to choose from the thousands of conference room furniture combinations. Not only will proper planning save time, it will also assure that your purchase will exceed the expectations of your conference room users.
Conference room planning can be divided into 4 basic steps.
- Determine the conference room table size to support your seating requirements (Seating Calculator)
- Plan your space (space planning) - arrange the conference room table/chairs and accessories
- Choose the right conference room table style & Finish Color to project the right message
- Select complementing conference room chairs
- Add conference room accessories for improved functionality
The logical starting point is determining your table size and shape for your conference room. Once the size is determined, make sure your room size supports the table size/chairs and accessory furniture. Then, choose the conference room table style: a traditional design with choice hard wood veneers or more economical style made with laminate. Specific chair selection follows because chairs need to complement the table style. Finally, accessories such as a white board, buffet credenza, podium, or guest chairs with side table may be added to increase room functionality.